Damien “Timid Boy” Almira has worn many hats in the music business. As a DJ, he’s played Panorama Bar, Bar 25, KaterHolzig, Air, D-Edge, Cocoon, Tresor, Rex Club and countless other top clubs. In terms of production, he’s recorded for Barraca, SCI+TEC, TuningSpork, Percusa and co-runs Time Has Changed with fellow Frenchman Acumen. If that wasn’t enough Almira has worked as a journalist, working for publications such as Rock & Folk, Technikart and Trax.
With lots of irons in the fire, October 27 sees the release of Timid Boy’s Extasy EP on Time Has Changed. The EP’s title track tips its hat to old-school ’90s techno and features solid remixes by Rhadow and ONNO.
“This mix was recorded live at Rex Club during my resident party,” Almira tells us. “It’s a good example of what I like to play in club. I play harder in bigger events… [The mix featuring everything] from deep to pumpin’ stuff, with variations, different feelings, new hits like Motor City Drum Ensemble remixed by Marcellus Pittman, old-school favorites like “Groove 2 Me” from Didier Sinclair or stuff from me like my track ‘Psycho’ on Viva.”
So what are you waiting for? Crank it up!
Timid Boy’s Extasy EP is out October 27 on Time Has Changed.
Big Shot Guest Mix: Timid Boy
1. Motor City Drum Ensemble – “Raw Cuts (Marcellus Pittman Remix)” (MCDE Recordings)
2. Timid Boy – “Psycho” (Viva)
3. Fur Coat feat Jaw – “The Right Move” (BPitch Control)
4. Christian Burkhardt & Chris Tietjen – “Chamber Nights” (Dyed Soundorom Remix) (Cocoon)
5. Didier Sinclair & DJ Chris Pi – “Groove 2 Me” (Serial)
6. Shiva – “Shiva” (Martinez Brothers Remix) (Crosstown Rebels)
7. Cajmere, Dajae, Oliver $ – “We Can Make It”
8. Phil Weeks – “Jack To My Groove” (Robsoul)
9. Daze Maxim – “Farbfilm” (Dyed Soundorom Remix)
10. NTFO – “Unudoitrei (Rhadow Remix)”
11. Martinez Brothers – “H 2 Da Izzo”
12. Shonky – “Korg M1”