With a bevy of choice releases for labels including Telegraph, M_nus, MBF and Trapez to his credit, London mixmaster Sebastian Russell presented his full-length debut, Force, in September. Never one to be afraid to draw outside of electronic music’s circles, his roots in classical, jazz and rock inform the album’s genre-defying beats and techno grooves.
Russell brings his eclectic musical ethos to Big Shot Guest Mix 306. Clocking in at just under 48 minutes, he brilliantly weaves together woozy selections by Kelpe, Shigeto, Trentmøller and Seven Davis, Jr., articulately expressing his ever-evolving musical modus operandi.
“I like to melodically connect tracks to create a harmonious flow with soft and edgy tracks,” he says of his exclusive 13-track session. “You can expect some hip-hop, electronica, minimal and tech-house tunes. It’s all about feelings and emotions.”
Hit the play button below and enjoy.
Sebastian Russell’s Force is out now on Fenou/Mo’s Ferry.
Image by Josh Leon
Big Shot Guest Mix 306: Sebastian Russell
- Dwig – “Rauf Und Runder” (Luettje Luise)
- Nekochan, Rose Ryot – “Wait For Me” (Katermukke)
- Kelpe – “Answered” (Drut)
- Shigeto – “Tide Pools” (Ghostly International)
- AbJo – “Kalimba” (Heavenly Sweetness)
- Robinn – “Dialog” (Compost)
- Shigeto – “Ritual Howl” (Ghostly International)
- Trentemøller – “The Forest” (Out Of Orbit)
- Plaid – “Liverpool Street” (Warp)
- Lo Shea – “You’ll Know When” (SZE)
- Seven Davis Jr. – “Summers” (Apron)
- Sebastian Russell – “Absent Mindedness” (David Durango Remix) (Multi Vitamins)
- Dorian Concept – “Do, Undo, Redo” (Ninja Tune)