How was 2017 for you?
Ramiro Bernabela: 2017 was a pretty eventful year for me. I moved into a new house closer to the city in Detroit and built a new studio there. I am able to set it up exactly the way I want, with the studio being the main focus. I now have a monthly residency at The Works Detroit and it’s very special for me because I have been going to that club for years. I’ve been working really hard in the studio trying to finish up a lot of projects I’m working on, including a full-length original album together with my wife as The Bernabela Project.
Releasing new remixes in June of my track “Life After House” that I made together with Roland Clark. Playing at a Movement afterparty at The Works on the Saturday of Movement weekend. Buying a house and building a new studio.
Packing and moving, not making it to the ADE this year.
Song of the year?
Pastaboys feat. Osunlade – Deep Musique (Rampa Remix)
What’s your New Year’s resolution?
I say this every year, but this year I really mean it! I’m going to try harder to finish up all the tracks I’m working on and stay focused. And to always keep growing as an artist and a person. Stay fit and keep eating healthy.
Dutch-born and U.S.-based DJ/producer Ramiro Bernabela has had a fantastic summer. Known for espousing a musical signature encompassing deep, techy and soulful grooves, his pair of killer collaborations — “How Low Can You Go” featuring Mr. V and “Life After House” with Roland Clark — have both helped take his profile to the next level. In addition to his stellar collabos, he also lent his remix touch to Corvino Traxx’s “Sunflower.”
Bernabela flaunts his DJing prowess on Big Shot Guest Mix 304, a summertime-influenced 10-track session featuring sunny house gems by Fred Everything & Giom, Andre Bratten, Game Theory and Huxley. So go slather on some sunscreen and hit that play button!
Ramiro Bernabela feat. Mr. V’s “How Low Can You Go” is out now on AudioBite Soulful. Ramiro Bernabela & Roland Clark’s “Life After House” is out in late August on AudioBite Records.
Big Shot Guest Mix 304: Ramiro Bernabela
- Fred Everything & Giom – “Luv Lust” (Giom London Mix) (Large Music)
- Sabb feat. Forrest – “One of Us” (Dennis Ferrer Remix) (Moon Harbor Recordings)
- Seekae – “The Worry” (Henrik Schwarz Remix) (Future Classic)
- Andre Bratten – “Trommer Og Bass” (Original Mix) (Correspondant)
- System Of Survival – “In The Pope’s Living Room” (Eddie Fowlkes Suckers & Hustlers Remix) (Rebirth)
- Oscar P & Ade Alafia – “Deeper Consciousness” (Rosario Renovation Dub) (Open Bar Music)
- Game Theory – “Take It Away” (Ramiro Bernabela Remix) (AudioBite Records)
- Ramiro Bernabela feat. Mr. V – “How Low Can You Go” (Dub Mix) (AudioBite Soulful)
- Huxley – “Box Clever” (Original Mix) (20/20 Vision)
- Die Kamille – “Crystals” (Nicole Simpkins Remix) (AudioBite Records)