Now a standalone company, Pioneer DJ is doing what it promised to do when it was sold earlier in the year: innovate. The leader in the DJ equipment market is setting its sights on the project studio with its brand-new line of RM studio speakers.
In June the company will present two coaxial active reference monitor speakers, the RM-05 and RM-07, designed to deliver them the ideal tool for producers in need of high-res sound.
According to a missive, the series uses state-of-the-art design for maximum sound quality:
The RM Series’ uses a coaxial driver unit from Pioneer pro-audio brand TADi to ensure audio from the tweeter and woofer emanates from the same point for a more accurate sound. The aramid fibre woofers and front-loaded bass reflex system with grooved ducts ensure a clean bass, while the aluminium hard domed tweeter has been optimised to deliver rousing high frequencies of up to 50 kHz.
The RM-05 and RM-07 professional studio monitors will sell for €549 (RM-05) and €729 (RM-07) per speaker, including VAT.
See full details about the series below.
THE RM SERIES IN DETAIL
1. HD-Coaxial driver unit for accurate point source monitoring
The RM series adopts its HD-coaxial driver unit from Pioneer sub-brand TAD, placing the woofer and the tweeter on the same axis to ensure a truer response across the frequencies. A newly developed waveguide minimises interference between the drivers, to produce a true, neutral sound with excellent isolation, perfect for near-field monitoring in a professional studio.
2. 50 kHz tweeter for precise, electrifying high frequencies
The 1.5-inch hard dome aluminium tweeters were designed using unique Pioneer technologyii for added frequency response. The diaphragm’s shape and materials are optimised to deliver precise, rousing high frequency sounds.
3. Rigid die-cast aluminium cabinet with curved contours for superb sound clarity
The RM Series housings are made from die-cast aluminium for maximum rigidity and reduced resonance at all volumes. The cabinet’s curved surfaces optimise the rigidity and reduce external diffraction – while giving the speakers a sleek design that will look good in the studio.
4. AFASTiii acoustic tube reduces standing waves for a clear low-mid frequencies
Pioneer’s patented AFAST technology drastically reduces standing waves that can produce a muffled response in the low to mid ranges. An acoustic tube in the cabinet absorbs just the standing waves, ensuring true reproduction of low to mid frequencies.
5. Front-loaded bass reflex system with grooves for a smooth, clean bass
The RM-05 and RM-07 feature aramid fibre woofers for a robust bass response. Plus the front-loaded bass reflex design and innovative grooves on the bass ducts reduce air friction, even when the speakers are positioned right against the wall.
6. Low/Mid/High EQ settings for added flexibility and control
A three-band EQ (Low/Mid/High) gives producers the option to tailor the monitor speakers’ sound or audition tracks for certain scenarios, and has four pre-sets for each band.
7. Other features
• Custom-designed Class AB bi-amps ensure balance across the frequencies
• Exclusive toroidal transformer power source for excellent S/N ratio and no distortion
• Clip indicator to protect the unit from excessive input
• Wide range of inputs (XLR and RCA)
• Auto standby On/Off function