In October French electro-house master Don Rimini (a.k.a. Xavier Gassemann) released his career-defining debut album, All In, on Badlqqk. Packing nothing but 100% party-perfect dance floor bangers, the full-length is a testament to maturity as a producer of raw, high-octane Chicago-inspired club tracks.
As praise for the album flowed across the world, Gassemann came across glowing feedback from none other than Claude VonStroke, the globetrotting founder and proprietor of Dirtybird Records, who was over the moon about the LP. The two exchanged e-mails and two demos evolved into Don Rimini’s Freaky City EP for Dirtybird Select.
We’re thrilled to world premiere “Motel Ride” from the ballsy two-tracker. It’s a relentless floor mover that, like all of the Don’s jackin’ tracks, is gonna make you dance your ass off.
- Don Rimini – Motel Ride (Dirtybird)
- Pinto – My Love (Nervous Records)
- Mad Villains – Hit The Club (DJOKO Remix) (Regression Sessions)
- Nikolai – Purple Groove (Solä)
- Marvy – Fat Ass (Booty Call Records)
- Lenny Warn – Don’t Stop (Chief Recordings)
- Trangaz & Jean Pierre – Celes (Todd Terry Edit) (Terminator Records)
- Colette – Crush (Gettoblaster Remix) (Candy Talk Records)
- Yoga Queef – Taking It Back (Jesse Perez Wuz Here Edit) (Mr. Nice Guy Records)
- Harry Judda – Drunky (Food Music)
DJs, submit your top 10 chart along with a photo and we’ll publish.
Roughly six years ago we became acquainted with French electro-house star Xavier Gassemann, who is better known to the world as Don Rimini, when we world premiered his music video for “Whatever.” All these years later that clip remains the most watched video on our YouTube page, probably because, like his subsequent string of productions and remixes, is how bold, brash and brazen that track sounds. Gassemann has never been one to follow trends, either. No, he stream rolls over them with bristling tracks that exude a sustained climax instead of building up with a provocative tease. With his All In full-length debut set to drop October 25 on Badlqqk, we are thrilled to world premiere his party perfect new jam “All Is House” that’ll give you a boost that’s akin to downing a six-pack of Red Bull. “This is one of the fave tracks from my forthcoming album,” Gassemann tells us. “It’s kinda Chicago-cheesy-sexy-sax house! All my love to the Relief Records EPs released during the ’90s. This track’s not tech-house, it’s not house… it’s HARD HOUSE!”