Prolific São Paulo-based DJ/producer/Fullmix TV host Nuta Cookier has evolved his sound over the course of 150+ releases. During this time he’s navigated his way through a sea of musical styles — house, techno, breaks and beyond — working with fellow dance floor influencers including Axel Karakasis, Oliver Lieb, M.I.K.E Push, and Talla 2XLC.
After releasing the Crystal Empire EP in January and Medusa EP in March, the Future Scope Recordings boss is ready to unveil the Blazing EP on March 23.
Ahead of the four-tracker’s release, the Brazilian mixmaster takes control of the latest Big Shot Guest Mix. He presents a sprawling 11-track journey, featuring three of his own productions and cuts by Amelie Lens, Danny Tenaglia & Layton Giordani and Axel Karakasis.
Says Nuta Cookier of his mix: “When I play a mix or a live performance, what always inspires me is the idea of creating something that makes people happy and sends them to another reality, to a place where all is good and peaceful.”
Big Shot Guest Mix 342: Nuta Cookier
- Nuta Cookier – Nashira Star
- Arcturus – Acid Tasty
- Haze – A Chalice Of Secrets
- Amelie Lens – Follow
- Human Robot – Evolution
- Aitor Ronda – Tweezer
- Danny Tenaglia & Layton Giordani – Live Again
- Nuta Cookier – Age Of Space
- Sepha (AR) – Motion
- Axel Karakasis – Desire
- Nuta Cookier – Via Lactia
Chicago/Detroit DJ/producer duo Gettoblaster — Paul Anthony and Zach Bletz — take control of the latest Big Shot Guest Mix and deliver a full-throttle session.
The mix coincides with the recent release of their fourth album, Pineapples & Palm Trees (We Jack). Brandishing a raw, hard-hitting ghetto-house sound that can’t be denied, the LP is overflowing with collaborations from an all-star crew consisting of DJ Deeon, Bad Boy Bill, Steve Silk Hurley, DJ Skip, Robert Armani, Fuzzy Cufflinxxx, Roland Clark, DJ Funk, Ron Carroll, DJ Milton, Chip E, Melleefresh, Hatiras, MC Flipside, and many more.
Gettoblaster’s 18-track mix is jam-packed with upfront releases as well as cuts from their new long-player. Hit that play button below and get ready to get funked up!
Big Shot Guest Mix 341: Gettoblaster
- KiNK – Throwing Elbows (Original Mix)
- House Of God (Acapella)
- Shiba San – Clean Or Dirty (Original Mix)
- Solardo – Keep Pushing On (Original Mix)
- The Deepshakerz – What To Want To Get (Original Mix)
- MDE feat. MC Flipside – Bodywork (Original Mix)
- Christian Nielsen -We Go On (Original Mix)
- Gettoblaster – Another Dimension (Original Mix)
- Claude VonStroke vs. Will Clarke – Tint Tambourine (Original Mix)
- Gettoblaster & DJ Skip – Bang It (Original Mix)
- Gettoblaster & Missy – Glock On My Strap (Original Mix)
- Truncate – 86 (Original Mix)
- D-Unity – Bang (OriginalMix)
- Paul Najera & Jr. Quijada – The Whip It Song (Original Mix)
- Gene Farris & Jesse Rose – You Got Me (Original Mix)
- Sooney, Dennis Quin – Pop (Original Mix)
- Gettoblaster & Fuzzy Cufflinxxx, ZXX – Knock Knock (Treasure Fingers Remix)
- Gettoblaster & Missy – I Like Techno (Original Mix)
From his days attending drum ‘n’ bass parties in Los Angeles to gravitating toward industrial music, Ashes eventually found his true musical calling — techno — and hasn’t looked back. Elements of the genres he’s explored on his artistic journey continue to influence his evolving sound, and that’s the secret sauce behind his productions.
In October the Berlin-based technocrat released his debut Angel of Dissolution EP on his Nox Recordings. It’s a hard-hitting four-track effort that wraps its arms around all of the previously mentioned styles (and more). It arrives after the previously released Dream Pusher and Relic EP on Volute Records.
Ashes takes the helm of the final Big Shot Guest Mix of 2017. It’s a 16-track session featuring dark, unrelenting tracks by Dustmite, Regal, Kryptic Minds & Sleeper and The Scientifics.
He says of the mix: “The focus of this particular mix was to create a narrative around the Angel of Dissolution EP and to set the tone for my label, Nox, by pulling inspiration from the past and present; hinting at what can be expected in the near future.”
Big Shot Guest Mix 340: Ashes
- Archivist – Star In A Circle
- Ashes – Crystal Oblivion
- Dustmite – Lightwall
- Regal – Trave Generation
- Ashes – Drug Sorcery
- AnGy KoRe – Flat Tummy
- 7.Opål – Capillaries
- Jan Fleck – Control
- Kryptic Minds & Sleeper – Axis Shift
- Kryptic Minds & Sleeper – Solarized Formation
- Coefficient – Inverse Dub
- Struction – Kreen
- The Scientifics – Dirty Love
- Andrea (IT) – Void
- Struction – Warrior
- Ashes – Relic (Faru’s Submersion Remix)
Limitations often spawn creativity. When we caught wind that The Umbrella co-founder Robert Picciotto (a.k.a Blacky II) was getting ready to release his Point of Light debut EP under his Material Witness moniker, we threw down the gauntlet and asked if he could craft an all-Brooklyn DJ mix. Picciotto accepted the challenge but took the necessary time to orchestrate it.
A few weeks later he emerged from the lab with an absolutely incredible 10-track session boasting dark, electro-fied techno cuts by Umfang, Beta Librae, Ciarra Black, The Creatrix, Via App and Kedr Livanskiy. He also included three selections from his aforementioned EP.
Says Picciotto, who is also half of the borough’s Rinsed party crew, of his Big Shot Guest Mix: “All tracks were either written, produced, released, or set to be released by Brooklyn residents, Brooklyn-based labels and/or artists and labels integral to the Brooklyn electronic music scene by request of Big Shot Magazine.
“As a third generation Brooklynite, I’ve valued the underground sub and counter cultures surrounding nightlife, dancing, music, and art from a very young age. Included in the mix is only a small slice of the immense diversity available to the lucky residents with whom I share a home.”
Big Shot Guest Mix 339: Material Witness
- Material Witness – Point of Light (The Umbrella)
- Umfang – Where is She (Technicolour)
- ID – ID (The Umbrella)
- Material Witness – Micro Lunar Abrasion (The Umbrella)
- Material Witness – 3 6 9 (The Umbrella)
- Beta Librae – Thirties (Allergy Season)
- Ciarra Black – “Series Of” (Lives Through Magic)
- The Creatrix – “Ionosphere” (No Tech)
- Via App – Anisthynia (Allergy Season)
- Kedr Livanskiy – ACDC (2MR)